Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Asking For Directions

Genesis 24:42--"O Lord,...if you will, please grant success to the journey on which I have come."

This passage comes from the story of Abraham's servant seeking a wife for his Master's son. The consequence of the journey was Rebekah. If the servant hadn't asked God for direction, he may have chosen the wrong girl. When I don't ask for directions for my life's walk, in God's will ("if you will"), I many times make the wrong decisions. If God has a plan for me, why do I take the wrong path? I just need to ask for directions.

This piece of art was an art card I made a long time ago, offered it for sale and it didn't sell. I'm trying it on a mini journal and we'll see. I cut out a copy of a vintage image, painted the background, added book binding materials, decorative paper (Shabby Cottage Studio), an old rhinestone earring, ribbon and a piece of fun fur yarn. Old music decorates the inside covers. I sold the "Friends" piece I put in S'More Couture (Feb 11 post)--yeah!--trying now for this one.

1 comment:

Simply Debbie said...

MY DEAR SWEET FRIEND,
YOUR TALENT IS SURELY A GIFT OF GOD.
I LOVE IT ...IT IS SO VERY BEAUTIFUL.
BLESSINGSS
HUGS
debbie