Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hope Doll

My second doll using JoAnnA's techniques was finished today. I put this one on a perfume bottle and gave her the name, "Hope." I started this with my friend, Deena, and just didn't have the muse to give her a face until yesterday (sorry, I can't show her yet.) Today I added the little danglies. The vial contains the scripture from Psalm 25:5--"You are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long." I want whoever receives this doll to believe this verse. Even in the difficult times of life I need to hope and believe that God has my best interests at heart.

I used an old perfume bottle (the stinky kind and washed well), beads and baubles to fill it, glass vial with cork stopper, covered and stamped tag, cross, heart and anchor charms, an old earring, a piece of corroded hardware, an old doll head, flowers, cheese cloth, yarn, etc, etc.

No comments: