Monday, May 11, 2009

Beautiful

After the "bland" of my last entry, I've now advanced to "beautiful." Well, I think it's beautiful anyway. It's very simple: linen background, corner of a gorgeous lace falling apart hankie, broken glass button (you have to look closely), text from two different old dictionaries, vintage lace, ribbons and a pearly shell self shank button (say that three times fast), all applied to a small notebook.

Psalm 45:11--"The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord."

Though this is speaking to King David's wife, I take it personally from the LORD himself. I don't feel very beautiful at times. I'm getting older and things aren't what they used to be but as my mother told me, "It doesn't matter what you look like outside if the inside is not beautiful." Haven't you seen those women who glow? Their eyes sparkle and they are full of life and vigor no matter how old they are. I want to be that kind of women and that sort of thing has to be nurtured. I have to BE what I'm supposed to be, not just DO all the time. If I'm not right with God then nothing I do is right either and no one wants anything to do with me. I'm seeking true beauty, how about you?

No comments: