Saturday, May 16, 2009

Breath

Genesis 2:7--"The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing myself to God but I am understanding just a little of what God must have felt when He created man--out of the dust and into a living, breathing human being. Creating something from "nothing" is a joy for me. I started with breaking apart an old grapevine wreath and reformed a portion of it into a thinner one, tying it together with rusty wire. I then used my discarded leaves from floral sprigs from which I had already used the flowers and disassembled mini corsages I had found for 70% off at Joann's a couple of years ago (no, I don't through anything crafty away!), formed them into new clumps and bound them to the wreath after having gessoed the wreath and them. But something was missing (hmmm, the Eve?), so I added cream tulle to it a there it is. I breathed new life into discards and I like it.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Hey Mom, I really like this. It's very simple and pretty. Are you selling this at the shop or on etsy?