Monday, May 18, 2009

Old Bottle New Vase

This use to be an old Sunsweet prune juice bottle. I remember my Mom buying juice in this type of bottle and the Sunsweet name is on the bottom. I grabbed it right up, having bought it for a song at a little flea market, and used it as a vase for these lovely flowers my husband brought home for me (given to him as a thank you for working the sound for a group that met at church.)
This is just another example of making old into new. I had decided to throw this bottle away after finding that I couldn't resell it because of a crack in the top. It had been so muddy when I got it that I didn't notice it (people, check your purchases carefully.)
My life gets pretty "muddy" at times and yes, I'm old and "cracking" as we speak (just talk to the two people whose events I forgot in just the last two days), but I still believe God keeps giving me second chances.

No comments: