Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Unlock

Unlock
the doors


of
your
heart.

This little journal is from 1931. It was probably a token given by a concrete company when a job was done or as advertisement. I found it at an estate sale and loved the small lined pages. It only measures 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" and it's perfect for my next purse notebook. I was going to sell it but I've been looking for those thin-lined refill notebooks for the expensive Daykeepers (I think that's what they are called) and can't find them. I found this instead.
*********************************************************
I'm a locked-up person. I don't let too many people know me. It's safer that way. I'm emotional and talk too much about things I shouldn't--hmmm, maybe gossip is what you call it. Anyway,
not the greatest thing for a minister's wife to do. So, I keep to myself. It's rare when I actually feel comforable revealing my secrets. Too many have been shared by me and then delivered on a platter to someone else--like a special treat. I realize that being a friend means being friendly, sharing and giving of self. I'm trying to unlock my heart.
It's difficult.

Luke 16:15--"You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of men, but God knows your hearts."

No comments: