Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Peaceful Play Day

Today will be a play day for me. First, Preschool music teaching and then??? "Daddy's gone a huntin' " but I don't think I'll have to worry about a turkey dinner too soon. For the past 4 years he's gone and no turkey to show for it. What we do for our hobbies! Oh, well, he puts up with all my junk around the house waiting to be transformed into art or sold in my shops on Etsy. I can put up with his hobbies, too, since there are so few of them and he takes so little time off for himself.
I made this little ATC for an exchange (Gaby, here's the preview). I was advised to do nothing too sweet but I couldn't resist this photo, though sweet as it is. I colored it up a bit with paint on cheese cloth (a new favorite fabric of mine now), gold on etched gel medium, wings stickers, a bit of lace and and a button with the original thread. I love the little bows on her shoes. I called this one "Peace."
John 14:27--"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (NIV)

1 comment:

Gaby Bee said...

Adorable, Sally! It is so beautiful with color and composition! Love all the little details! Can't wait to receive it!
I hope Spring is being kind to you and giving you plenty of time to create...smiles!
Gaby xoxox