Friday, May 8, 2009

Bland

Yep, this is how bland my artwork is getting. I've had a down week and haven't created much, especially the last few days. All I want to do is sit. I had a cold the first of the week and now I don't want to do anything. This notebook is a rejuvenation from a reject. I was making a get well card for a guy in my church who had surgery but I put this layout on the card upside down! So I ripped it off and attached it to a book--rightside up this time. I had to work to get all of it on and to lay down flat over the bend of the book. There's a saying, "you can't mess up mixed media art"-- seems it can always be saved. It's a good thing God doesn't throw us away when we're "messed up."
Jeremiah 29:11--"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Now may be the time for me to just listen to his plans.

No comments: