Saturday, July 4, 2009

Book of Ephemera GATHERING

This is what I was working on the yesterday. I put this book of vintage papers together quite a while ago and decided to add to it to sell in my sallylsmith Etsy shop. It's incomplete as it stands but I'll show you a few pages. (Click on the photos to enlarge.) This book is the third I've made and it is fun to "gather" pages from all the examples I have collected and hopefully have it be useful to someone else. I call this journal "Gathering."

Here is a strip of scrapbook paper, a couple of stickers, a vintage image and a velvet flower on an old calender page and a page from a vintage book.


A little girl named Marcy of long ago contributed this spelling test and it looks like she made a B. I changed the sepia-colored image to pink and added a sticker. Across from it is the last page of a book--Peg-O-My Heart.


I've included one of my ATCs with gold thread and a piece of brocade (hope the blue glue dries clear :( Beside it is a piece of fly leaf from an old school dictionary.
I'll have more I'll share after a short hiatus.
Leviticus 19:9-10-"9 "When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. 10 Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God."




No comments: