Monday, July 20, 2009

The Last of the Lace


One of the consignees at Amy's shop, S'More Couture, asked me to make a journal for her mother's birthday. She requested pink, roses, birds and gardens as theme material--some of my very favorite things! So, I got busy and created this journal, similar to one she chose in the shop as a prototype. (Thank you, Dawn Edmonson from The Feathered Nest for the digital collage.) This was so fun to make but I've had to part with my very favorite of all time lace that I bought many years ago at a yard sale. I've been very stingy with it but this piece kept calling for it. It's so beautiful, coming stained like it is from many years of storage and non-use. It's interesting to me that something so small and temporal can grasp me so strongly. I have many beauties and baubles that I have to "live with" before I let them go and if you saw my house, you'd understand of what I speak. The Lord considers us to be his precious possession; when I relate that thought to my feelings about my "precious things" and "precious ones," I feel so honored.
Psalm 147:11--"The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

You are so sweet dear Sally....you are very welcome for the image ~ but what you created from it??? Is just breathtaking!!! I so know what you mean about a precious piece of vintage lace...it's like you just KNOW when it's time to use it, and your heart lets it go because the piece deserves it ~ your artwork turned out so beautiful, I bet you customer loved it!!! hugs and love, Dawn