Saturday, July 18, 2009

Memories Journal


I love Rebecca Sower's works and I got this idea from one of them. I chose an embroidered duck fabric where the right side curved which made it perfect for the heart shape. The base journal I used had a metal label holder attached that could not be moved so I worked around it and incorporated it into the heart design. Yes, I used her title as well but what better title for a journal? My book already had a burgundy binding edge so I added lace to soften it and a ribbon, trim and lace for pretty. It seemed a little right-edge lop-sided so I added some button lace. I think it turned out very cute. This went into S'More Couture around the corner--hope, hope.
I'm not a journal-er. I do well to keep up with one blog and have never been a good letter-writer so making journals is what I do. I do take pictures and have many of our children and grandchildren--some of which I share on Facebook--all wonderful memories of our visits.
Philippians 1:3--"I thank my God every time I remember you."

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

I love it..Glad you're back..
See ya next week..