Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Made For Creating


I feel incomplete when my day doesn't include some kind of creativity.  I feel guilty many times because I put "making things" ahead of cleaning, organizing and general house-keeping.  Reading scripture like this helps me realize that I was Made For Creating.  I can't help myself because God gifted me with the insatiable desire to produce beautiful, and sometimes useful, items.  Here's one of the verses to which I refer:

Then the Lord said to Moses, “See, I have chosen Bezalelson of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze,to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts. Exodus 31ver o cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts.  Exodus 31
What a calling!

The little necklace above was made from many little vintage pearls, some a little worn though precious.  I attached a silver earring given to me by a friend.  I think it's lovely.

1 comment:

Angie: said...

Ooh that is lovely! I too often feel guilty about the ratio of chores v art but it is lovely to know that we were made to be creative! Thanks for your inspiration! x