Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Vintage Crystal Pendant Necklace


I found these lovely vintage crystal pendant-sized beads quite a while back.  They've made lovely earrings so I thought I'd try a necklace.  To this one I added a vintage rhinestone rondelle and hung it on a ring from which are crystals, pearls, metal beads and glass beads on beading wire.  It closes with a lobster clasp and is about 28" long.  I don't know why I love this style so much--guess it's just that the exposed wire makes it look so delicate.  This is just another example of combining vintage with new.

I'm going to call this one "Early Morning Sunrise."  I love when the sun is just rising and the sky is turning pink.  Some say, "Red sky in morning, sailors take warning" but I love a pink sky.  God is the ultimate painter.

No comments: