Thursday, May 3, 2012

Watching The Flying Raven


Sometimes we take the Scriptures for granted and don't look past the obvious.


 After forty days Noah opened a window he had made in the ark and sent out a raven, and it kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. 
Genesis 8:6-7

We usually think of a sweet dove leaving the ark, flying around and returning holding a branch.  However, God sent the ugly, carnivorous raven out first, probably the stronger of the two birds.  If I were to choose the most beautiful bird, it would be the dove.  I'd send it out first because I liked it more but God has a purpose for everything on this earth--even the lowly and not so beautiful.  Everything and everyone has a purpose on God's Green Earth.

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Exodus 9:16

No comments: