Friday, May 4, 2012

One of a Kind Shell Earrings Like Sand on the Seashore


I was trying to find a scripture to go with these lovely mother of pearl shell earrings I made a while ago.  The word "seashore" popped in my head and sent me to 13 different references of "sand on the seashore."  This must have been the common way of defining multitudes of something.  I had a number of teardrop shells like this but only two even closely matched enough to make a pair of earrings.  Each is so vastly different, like people.  Though they look similar, they are totally unique.  How wonderful that God would make us a one-of-a-kind.

I will make the descendants of David my servant and the Levites who minister before me as countless as the stars in the sky and as measureless as the sand on the seashore.
Jeremiah 33:22
(My husband is a Minister of Music--a Levite, according to the scripture's definition.  It's good to know that there will be another one standing in the wings when he retires.  Thank you, God, for preparing the next generation to do your will.)

No comments: