Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Forgotten

Jeremiah 2:32--"My people have forgotten me, days without number."

We make many promises in life. Some we remember and some we forget. The worst thing we can do is make a promise to God that we will not forget him. We seem to remember him when bad things happen and we call on him to rescue us. We don't remember our promise, though, when things are good. We tend to pat ourselves on the back and don't give him credit for what he has given us. Ooops, have we forgotten?

I threw this card together this morning (kind looks like it) because I have a full day--cooking for the mid-week dinner. This verse was one I read today and needed to make art to remember it. I used a playing card, wallpaper, a copy of a vintage image, a doilie, a hand-made transparency. I etched in gel medium, painted and highlighted it with gesso. I added watercolor pencil for highlights on the image.

No comments: