Friday, May 30, 2008

Seek First


Matthew 6:33--"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you as well."

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible. It epitomizes what every Christian, in my estimation, should do. I feel that God expects the very best from me. Though I fail miserably at times, he is always there to forgive me and set me back on course. In my life, I've put many things before God. Until I studied "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby, I had a life with Christ but not for Christ. I realized that I really mattered to him and that he had a special place for me in his kingdom. Who's at the top of my list today?

I made this card for the May challenge for Art In The Word Yahoo Group. Yes, I know it's the end of May. It's been a little busy around here lately. I used scrapbook paper background, copies of vintage images, ephemera, book binding material, a metal cross, found words and old music and antique gold paint. It measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2."

No comments: