Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Your Hands Made Me

"Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands."
Psalm 119:73

Understanding about God and wisdom are given to a believer if he or she asks for it. We don't automatically understand God and his word and wisdom isn't just acquired; they are gifts given by the Holy Spirit. The first step to understanding God is to realize that He is our maker. He is the one who formed us. Notice that the Psalmist asked God for "understanding to learn." He is asking, "help me to realize that learning your laws is important." So many people just don't care to know. How sad.

This is the cover page of a new collection of my ATCs, "Itty Bitty Book of Girls." It will include six pieces of art I've done over the past year and will be on the order of the Book of Angels I sold last week (see previous posts.) It was so fun putting the angels book together that I thought I'd do another. This cover started as a playing card on which I adhered wallpaper, a chipboard base piece (thank you, Shabby Cottage Studio.com), a paper flower (thank you Mary and Cheryl), a pink brad, and a vintage image (Paper Whimsey). I used texture, paint and gel pen the first time around and didn't like it so I redid it with gloss paint, retextured by etching flowers around the face and painted them gold. It is all stained with gel stain. I won't have time to work on it for a few days--traveling to see family.



No comments: