Monday, June 16, 2008

Being Transformed

2 Corinthians 3:18--"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

I received this lovely creation from Heather of The Patchwork Heart who bought my Itty Bitty Book of Angels recently. She asked if I would swap artwork with her and I was happy to do so and this is what I received in the swap! It's so beautiful--lace, butterflies, pink, drippy lace add-on, pink buttons, the letter "S", and the verse. All make this so personal. Thank you, Heather.

Indeed, transformation is a process as the scripture reveals--a day-to-day adventure in a Christian's life. Since we are human, we carry around the foibles of humanity--sin. And we have to daily die to ourselves and allow Christ to transform us into his likeness. It's so easy to slip back into our sinful nature. Just yesterday I began chastising my husband between the choir room and the sanctuary because I thought he should have cancelled the choir number when not enough sopranos showed up for the pre-service rehearsal. It totally knocked him out of kilter for the service and he was in a "mad mood" throughout the morning. We got things back together during the day, but the service was ruined by my mouthing. By the way, two more sopranos showed up in the choir loft after the service had already started! Oh, me, of little faith!

No comments: