Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kindness

Ephesians 4:32--"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

We're hearing a lot about kindness lately: "Pay it forward," "Do unto others...," "Random acts of kindness," "giving back." Unfortunately, we so seldom actually see kindness in others. Our lives are so busy that we don't take the time to even be kind. I have to intentionally decide that I am going to be kind when I walk into a business, get in my car or even get up in the morning. If I pray for the Lord to help me be kind, he will provide opportunities for me to do so. Then it's my responsibility to do it. It takes thought for me and doesn't come naturally--and forgiveness? Well, that's another story!

This little card is part of a collection of the Fruits of the Spirit I'm exchanging with Heather of The Patchwork Heart. I made the background out of magazine scraps and added a copy of a vintage postcard and cut-out letters. I'll jazz it up when I put it in the little book of "fruits."

No comments: