Thursday, June 19, 2008

Their Clothes Did Not Wear Out


Deuteronomy 29:5--"During the forty years that I led you through the desert, your clothes did not wear out, nor did the sandals on your feet."

Now wouldn't that be something? Do you have a favorite outfit--pants, skirt, shirt, blouse, dress? Do you have some comfy shoes that you love to wear because they feel so good? What if you could keep these for forty years and they would never wear out? That's what happened to the Israelites as they traversed the desert on their way to the promised land. God took care of their every need. Now, notice that I said "need" and not "want." I get a little carried away sometimes buying things I don't need and then wondering how I'm going to pay for the things I do need. God has provided--regardless.
My husband and I haven't made a lot of money in out lives, so we've had to depend on God to provide for our needs. Our children are not used to wearing expensive clothing or namebrand shoes, but God has provided for our needs. We've had to have a garden, but God provided for the time and energy to work one. We haven't had the best house or car, but God has provided for our needs and enough money to own them. We have three healthy married children, their three healthy spouses and eleven (soon to be 12) grandchildren. What more could we want? Who needs clothes or shoes?

This is a little chipboard form from Shabby Cottage Studio. As a member of the design team, I was to decorate this to be displayed (maybe) in her online shop. I chose to make the one-piece folded dress/apron form into a booklet by cutting it at the shoulders and using her decorative papers and collage sheets. I think it turned out really cute. I may have to keep this one for myself and put pictures of my little granddaughters in it.

1 comment:

Jose said...

What a lovely job you have made of this, and your words are so very true.
Jose x