Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Helping

Romans 12:13--"When God's people are in need, be ready to help them."

This was our Bible Point in Vacation Bible School yesterday. So much of my life I've sat on the sidelines watching other people work. I'm a klutz--what can I say? Usually my husband tells me to just hold the door or kindly get out of the way. I do seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't see work to be done. Since being at my church the past almost 13 years, I've grown to recognize a job to be done and help other people. Though I still get in the way , I try. Everyone in our church pitches in to accomplish the job, even the children. It's important to teach children how to help, how to share and how to give. I'm in the later years of my life and I'm still learning.

This started as a playing card on which I adhered scrapbook paper, a copy of a vintage image, a piece of old measuring tape and some old buttons. I stamped the work "helping" with rubber letters.

No comments: