Saturday, June 21, 2008

Patience

Isaiah 66:13--"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you."

Patience. When I hear that word, I relate it to parenting--especially for the single parent. It takes so much patience to bring up a child and meet all his needs. When the child is sick, the parent has to be there every minute. When the child is hurt, the parent is at his/her side consoling and cajoling. When the child is afraid, the parent calms the child's fears and gives strength. When a child has lost his/her way, the parent waits, patiently, until he/she returns to them--no matter how hard that may be or how old the child. Can you see our Heavenly Father in this patient parent? Patience.

A playing card is the base of this art project along with other ephemera, cloth, a ribbon, and a copy of Mary Cassat's lovely painting that reminded me of patience. This is one of a series of ATCs I'm making for Heather of thepatchworkheart.com.

No comments: