Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Whiter Than Snow

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:7

This is a song written by King David after his illicit relationship with Bathsheba and his planning to kill her husband. David was remorseful over his sins and cried out to God to forgive him. He also wanted to forgive himself for the gross sins in his life. So many times we carry around the filth of sin years after the fact. We may ask God's forgiveness and we may even believe that He has forgiven us, but the burden comes when we don't forgive ourselves. When He washes us, it is like new fallen snow. We aren't dirty anymore. We are like clothes right out of the dryer--warm, white and ready to wear. Why do we keep the "dirty" guilt in our brains when God has forgiven that too? Let's go out ready to do service for Him--ready to wear.

This little journal was made for a swap and will be given to a woman who makes soap. The picture is a copy of a photo of my great grandmother. Yes, they actually washed their clothes outside in Minneapolis in the middle of winter. She really knew what snow was! I used a purchased small notebook, added scrapbook paper, the copy of the photo, computer generated lettering (stained), ribbons and a fish charm.


1 comment:

JANN said...

Really enjoyed viewing your blog, so inspiring. Really touches me that you make so much of your art and do swaps with it. I can tell you are a very giving/caring person with great art talent. May God keep blessing YOU with success.
jann