Monday, February 18, 2013

Lists

Photo attribution here

Love is patient, love is kind.
 It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
 It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5

I'm a list-keeper.  I get more things done and keep focused on the work-to-be-done if I mark things off as I accomplish each feat--yes, feat.  Work is daunting to me at times.  Sometimes I have so many things to do that I can't even get started and want to retreat. Instead of "flight" I choose "fight" and make a list.  Unfortunately, I also make lists of the bad things that happen so I can look over them and have a pity party--woe is me.  That's difficult to admit but true none the less.  I'm glad God doesn't make a list of the many times I've wronged Him.  He'd run out of paper.

No comments: