Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wise Heart

Photo attribution here.


My son, if your heart is wise,
    then my heart will be glad indeed;
my inmost being will rejoice
when your lips speak what is right.
Proverbs 23:14-16

This is such a cool photo.  It reminds me that God is always watching in love.  I'm imagining that He has sketched a love note for us here.  
 He's not always pleased with us, however, because of our words and actions.  I want God to be pleased with me and His Word teaches me how to do that.  Every day I find new nuggets of wisdom and evidence of his love for me, however, many of his promises come with stipulations such as the one above.  Our words are so important to Him.  I have to put my "importance" behind me and concentrate on speaking what is right--or not speaking at all.  Sometimes that is what is right.
    

No comments: