Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Door

Photo attribution here

Ask and it will be given to you;
 seek and you will find;
knock and the door will
 be opened to you.

Matthew 7:7


This is one of my favorite verses but not one that I actually follow every day.  Too many times I get right up to the door and am distracted by how the door looks.  I analyze whether I will like what's on the other side, thinking of all the possibilities of opening it.  What if I don't like it?  Where will this lead me?  Will it cost anything?  Who will be there?  Is there another door behind that one?  After my examination and thought process, I walk on, hoping for another door to appear.  I've missed many an opportunity using my powers of divination when God just wanted me to knock and enter and allow Him to bless me with what He had to offer.

No comments: