Monday, February 25, 2013

So Many Plans

Photo attribution here

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord
plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future. 
Then you will call on me
 and come and pray to me,
 and I will listen to you. 
You will seek me and find me 
when you seek me
 with all your heart. 
Jeremiah 29:11-13

So many things to do...so many people to see...so many birthdays and events...so much work...and all within one week.  
Life can get fairly full, can't it?
When weeks like this come I get overwhelmed with how much I have to do and lose perspective.  God has told me that He has plans for me, that He doesn't want to harm me with everything to be done.  I forget to seek Him in it all and go trudging forward to attack the week instead of thanking Him for the opportunities He has provided for me to serve others through Him.  I'm seeking you, Lord, to guide me through this week and discover the nuggets of your grace and wisdom as each event unfurls.  I may even come to the  point of liking this week.  I can always hope.

No comments: