Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rock Collection



Today, 
if you hear his voice,
 do not harden your hearts.
Hebrews 4:7

Since it is February, the love month, I decided to post pictures of hearts.  Being a collector of outdoor goodies, I thought that a collection of rock hearts would be fun.  So, on our walks I've been looking for them and Voila!, I found a few because the path we travel everyday is covered with gravel.  Above is a photo of part of my collection. (By the way, my husband cannot understand my need of such things but was helping me look anyway--sweet man of mine.)

I think God has a collection of rock-hard hearts in his pocket.  He's waiting for them to melt so He can mold them into the purpose for which He has designed them. 
 It took many years for me to realize that my life would only count for God if I listened to His Word and molded my life around it.  I stated Christian citizenship yet my life was far from it.  As I aged, I also realized that I missed many opportunities for serving the King because I was too proud, too busy, too cute, too professional, too mother-y, too friend-y, too-- well, just selfish.  I'm feeling better about my heart now that a portion of my heart is moldable.
I'm still working on the other part.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

So THAT'S where Hannah gets the collection thing. She said her second drawer of her nightstand is for her collection. And her first, and her third and her fourth.