Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Oh, To Be Called Precious

Photo attribution here
You should clothe yourselves instead
with the beauty that comes from
within, the unfading beauty of a
gentle and quiet spirit, which is so
precious to God.
1 Peter 3:4
{New Living Translation (NLT)
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.}


I try to be fashion conscious: 
+nice clothes, even if some of them do come from 
Goodwill
+good makeup--Mary Kay for 40 years
+shoes--I have a pair that fits, not into shoes
+hair cut every 5 weeks or so.  I've let it go naturally gray
+jewelry--made by me.  Keeping up with style by looking at ads
+accessories--some made by me and a few items purchased that attracted me.

I guess I'm all set.
Wait...
Where's my gentle, quiet spirit?  I thought I had it with me when I came in.  Now, where did it go?
  
+Someone said something that didn't sit well with me.
+My husband's schedule interfered with mine.
+Someone got my parking place.
+I didn't get enough sleep last night.
+Etc., etc., etc.

Yeah, I have a little trouble with that spirit.  Guess I won't be His "precious" today.  I'm going to have to work on that. 
What?
I am precious to God, regardless?
Thank you, Lord.











No comments: