Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love and Apples

This photo is by Janeen Smith, my daughter-in-law.
I happened on it yesterday as I was cleaning out
my saved emails.  I'm glad I saved it.

For the Lord's portion is his people,
Jacob his allotted inheritance.
In a desert land he found him, 
in a barren and howling waste.
He shielded him and cared for him;
he guarded him as the apple of his eye,
like an eagle that stirs up its nest
and hovers over its young,
that spread its wings to catch them
and carries them aloft.
Deuteronomy 32:9-11

I love the poetry of the Bible and especially this wording of the relationship of man to God--"the apple of his eye."  I'm not sure what this really means but I imagine it to be the reflection of light in one's pupil--that sparkle we see when someone is in love, happy or excited.  I think that is how God feels when we come into his presence.  I can only relate it to when I see my children and grandchildren or my husband when he's been away for a while. Yes, love.  How He Loves Us!

No comments: