Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Embroidered Linen

Exodus 26:36--"And you shall make a hanging for the door of the tent...of fine twined linen, embroidered."

For centuries embroidery has been popular. I love to read in Exodus how God gave certain people the expertise to do handwork on fabric. God gives everyone a job to do and the ones who were given the gift of embroidery were to put their skill to use. That encourages me to use my skills to glorify God, no matter what they are.

I've been sick the past few days so I'm pulling out some of my pre-mades for my blog. This little linen "egg" was made a few years ago. I did cross-stitching, pulled thread work and beading on linen, cut it to the shape desired, added old crocheted lace and added a ribbon hanger. It measures about 4" x 6."

No comments: