Monday, March 3, 2008

Precious Treasures

Proverbs 21:20--"Be sensible and store up precious treasures--don't waste them like a fool."

It's so fun to make something useful out of junk. I would imagine that if you looked in your desk drawer and jewelry box and top dresser drawer, you would find much "junk." Oh, I'll have that repaired. I might need that one day. Maybe someone in my family could use that. I'd better keep it....just in case. I don't think the writer of Proverbs had these things in mind when he wrote about "precious treasures." What is most precious to you? Things or people? How are things wasted? How are people wasted? Are you a fool? I hope I'm not.

I made this little "Treasure Chest" a few months ago from junk from my desk drawer, jewelry box and top dresser drawer. I painted it gold to start and then kept adding "junk" until it was all covered. It was a lot of fun to make. I'm putting it up for sale on Creative Call Studio beginning March 10 (click on the side bar at the right to see my store.)

No comments: