Saturday, March 29, 2008

Flowers

Proverbs 2:2-- "Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens."

I noticed these lovelies the day after the hail storm. What a contrast in weather. I keep trying to remember I'm in central Illinois--one day winter, the other spring. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you can see that some of the petals are damaged from the hail. I love to see the crocus pushing their way through the soil, fighting their way around the tulip leaves. It's not too long now for those consistently warm days. Thank you God, for the seasons.


I honor of Spring, I made a rose and bird covered box. I bought an inexpensive box at the dollar store and collaged it with copies of roses and birds. I painted the edges, feet and inside with gold paint to dress it up a little. It measures about 4 1/2" x 4 1/4" x 3".

1 comment:

SweetAnnee said...

I can't believe you have BLOOMS..none here my friend.

love ya
Deena