Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lamp Does Not Go Out

Proverbs 31:18--"She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night."

This chapter of the Bible talks of The Virtuous Woman. It is quoted many times in sermons on Mother's Day. The woman about which this chapter speaks is a business woman, a woman who cares for her husband and family, and one who is eager to work at home as well as outside the home. Compared to this woman, I am inferior and lazy. This encourages me, though, to think that God would bless my business. He would look highly on my work at home. He would think me worthy for caring for my family. He would encourage me as I work for my spiritual family. Virtuous? maybe not. Loved? Oh, yes.

This is a small journal/notebook on which I painted, adhered copies of vintage images and other ephemera, etched in gel medium and highlighted with gold paint and black gel stain. I added ribbons, tulle and gold cording and a lovely rhinestone button. On the inside of each cover, I've added flowered paper. It measures 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" and it can be found in my Etsy store.

No comments: