Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Good Measure

Luke 6:38--"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, it will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

This verse is stated three times in the New Testament in three different gospels. Each gospel writer thought that this teaching was important enough to record for posterity. By nature, I am not a giver. I don't automatically volunteer my time, energy or resources. That's not a good thing and I'm not proud of it. I wish I were like my husband who jumps in to help someone instantly. I have to think about it--then maybe it will go away or someone else will volunteer. This could be why I don't have many friends. Hmmmm.....

This little card measures 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and on it I adhered ephemera, a vintage image (Paper Whimsy), old beautiful lace, and a piece of measuring tape. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with black stain.

No comments: