Monday, March 10, 2008

Emergence

Isaiah 48:6--"From now on, I will tell you new things, of hidden things unknown to you."

God reveals himself anew every Spring--from ugly brown to beautiful green, from death to life, from despair to hope. Things begin to emerge from the cold, hard ground. Buds begin to swell and life has another chance. I believe God created Spring so we could look forward to eternal life. Just when things seem endless and hopeless, he gives us a glimpse of himself. He allows us to see into his eternity and the view is spectacular!

This little card started as a playing card on which I adhered scrapbook paper to both sides, muted it with gesso and adhered a vintage image and other ephemera. I added ribbons and glitter glue. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with silver.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.