Friday, March 21, 2008

Memories

Matthew 26:12-13--"When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. I tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told in memory of her."

Little acts of kindness do not go unnoticed. This woman was annointing Jesus as an act of love and worship. She didn't do this to get noticed by the disciples and she actually risked her reputation (what little she had) to accomplish the act. Jesus knew that the woman had a greater knowledge of what was going to happen to him in the near future than did his disciples. I need to tune into what the Spirit tells me to do instead of what my own desires say. Then I would know more the mind of Christ and the mission He has for me. I need to put aside my opinion of what others think and act when the Spirit speaks.

This is a little 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" notebook made into a journal. I used paint, ephemera and a copy of a vintage image (Paper Whimsy), a charm that says "memories," a button, ribbons, jute and tulle. I etched in gel medium and highlighted with stain and antique gold paint.

No comments: