Monday, March 24, 2008

Play Skillfully

Psalm 33:3--"Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy."



My husband found this verse in the New International Version of the Bible many years ago. As musicians and music teachers, we appreciate this verse very much. We tell our students that God does not expect mediocrity when it comes to making music for him. He expects us to do our best, even when we practice. So many other disciplines can adopt this verse as well.



I made this little "room" as a trial for a project for Shabby Cottage Studio. We're to submit little "rooms" to put into a larger house. This one didn't make the cut because another of mine was more suited to the theme. I can't show it, because, hopefully it will be in another publication some time in the future. When it does, the picture will hit my blog. This one measures 3 7/8" x 3 1/2" x 1 1/2." I used some collage sheets from SCS, other ephemera, scrapbook paper, and fabric. I "wrote" the music.

No comments: