Thursday, April 25, 2013

Keeping the Faith




He replied, 
“If you have faith 
as small as a mustard seed,
you can say to this mulberry tree,
 ‘Be uprooted
 and planted in the sea,’
 and it will obey you.
Luke 17:6

A dear friend's great-grandson is facing brain surgery today.  Symptoms came on suddenly and after many tests they found two lesions on his brain that are probably malignant.  
He's only four years old.  
How can a parent/grandparent/great-grandparent deal with this?  The grandpa is having a crisis of belief and asking, "How can God do this to an innocent little boy?"  
Good question.  

God is sovereign, we are not.  We don't know his plans.  All we can do is have faith and trust that He will see everything to completion--whatever that is.  Sure, easy for me to say...it's not my grandson.  No, not so easy because I envision my own little four-year-old grandson in that situation and my heart goes out to my friends.  My faith is being tested today as I pray for a miracle in his behalf.

We are only here for a short time.  
Enjoy being with each other.



No comments: