Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Chosen Path

Photo attribution here



Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.

Psalm 119:35


Many times through life I've chosen the path that I think God wanted for me only to look back and think, "Is this the right one?"

This one is too difficult.
  I don't feel confident here.
  I'm afraid to continue.
Are you sure this is right, Lord?

And then I find consolation in His Word--strength for the walk.  His voice comes to me...
 Do not be afraid.
I have come to test you,
 so that your respect and trust in Me
 will be always be with you
to keep you from sinning.
(My paraphrase of Exodus 20:20)

So, I continue on the path He has set before me until He points to another path to take.  I trust Him to choose the right one for me.
I just keep on walking.

No comments: