Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crowns


Praise the Lord, O my soul; 
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
 and forget not all his benefits--
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:1-5

I listened again to a message I heard around Thanksgiving time preached by an anointed man of God, Ben Mandrell, Englewood Baptist Church.  It brought me to my knees again as I realized God at work in me.  I don't say that to be proud of who I am or what I try to do but that God Almighty deems it fit to satisfy me with good things.  His love and compassion toward me is like a crown placed on my head to honor me just because I bear his name...Christian.  I see your blessings, Lord, and praise your name along with David.

The photo attribution describes the crown pictured and it's interesting that way back then in Ethiopia, a cross adorns the top of many of the crowns of that era.  What happened to that culture?  Did they not remember God's mercies to them?  Did they not realize the blessings so generously given them?  Many people groups have ignored God and trusted in their own might and as a result, have been destroyed or not blessed.  I fear for our country.


No comments: