Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Recital


Whatever you do, 
work at it with all your heart, 
as working for the Lord,
 not for men...
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24

I believe I've put my heart into the work I've been doing these past two semesters...accompanying vocal students and a choir at Union University.  I've also been subbing for an organist for nine months now.  The Lord has given me these opportunities and I've done the best I can do.  One of the tests comes tonight as I accompany a young man in his vocal recital.  It's been pretty difficult for me since I have performance anxiety.  I've depended on God to pave the ways for me and give me courage and strength for each scary encounter.  This semester has been a little easier than last in that I wasn't remodeling a house.  My anxiety has waned...somewhat... but I am still in constant contact with God to give me comfort as I perform.  
You did say "whatever you do," didn't you, Lord?
You also said,
    So do not fear, for I am with you; 
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
    I will strengthen you and help you; 
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
    Isaiah 41:10
    I woke up unafraid and I will stay that way...only because God has promised that He would be with me.  As my hands play, His hand holds me.  What a relief!
    Photo Credit

No comments: