Whatever you do,
work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord,
not for men...
It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
I believe I've put my heart into the work I've been doing these past two semesters...accompanying vocal students and a choir at Union University. I've also been subbing for an organist for nine months now. The Lord has given me these opportunities and I've done the best I can do. One of the tests comes tonight as I accompany a young man in his vocal recital. It's been pretty difficult for me since I have performance anxiety. I've depended on God to pave the ways for me and give me courage and strength for each scary encounter. This semester has been a little easier than last in that I wasn't remodeling a house. My anxiety has waned...somewhat... but I am still in constant contact with God to give me comfort as I perform.
You did say "whatever you do," didn't you, Lord?
You also said,
- So do not fear, for I am with you;
- do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
- I will strengthen you and help you;
- I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Isaiah 41:10
- I woke up unafraid and I will stay that way...only because God has promised that He would be with me. As my hands play, His hand holds me. What a relief!