Thursday, April 17, 2008

Friendship

1 Samuel 20:42--"Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the Lord."

There's nothing like Christian friendship. Even when friends have a disagreement, they still love each other and work things out until the relationship is firm again. This scripture is from an agreement between Jonathan and David. Jonathan was King Saul's son and David, at the time, was a servant of Saul's. The two boys struck up a friendship that lasted for a lifetime. Even though both of them went through many heartaches, the relationship was strong. They had to work at it though. Just like today, friendships take work and commitment. Personally, it's difficult for me to make friends. Probably it's because I'm not willing to commit the time and effort necessary. I have more time since my children and grandchildren don't live close anymore. I'm trying to gain lasting friendships by opening up and giving my time. I'm trying.

This art is based on a 6" square canvas on which I have adhered pieces of old handkerchiefs, ribbons, sheer ruffle, tacks, buttons, brass charm (says "friendship"), an old buckle, scrapbook paper and a copy of a vintage image

No comments: