Friday, April 18, 2008

The Shoes On Our Feet

1 Timothy 6:7-8--"Since we entered the world penniless and will leave it penniless, if we have bread on the table and shoes on our feet, that is enough." (The Message)

All the wealth in the world will not make one happy. Just look around and see all the discontented people all over the world--families, businesses, churches; discontent is everywhere. I'm a chief complainer and many times see the negative side of things. My family knows I'm the pessimist. I call myself a "realist," but I really know that I tend to see the dark side of everything. My outlook has changed over the years and I've begun to see that there are good and bad things in life and they happen to everyone. No one is without trouble or happiness. Sometimes we need to look for happiness and appreciate everything we have, no matter what it is. I made this little stuffed shoe for my friend, Deena, who had a birthday this week and is bravely going through cancer treatments. She has a blog (http://deenasstory.blogspot.com/) and lists all the joys she has instead of her trials. What a great example of appreciation of what God gives.

For this art project I used an old baby shoe, a copy of a vintage image and other ephemera, paper flowers, fun yarn, tissue paper, tulle, cotton batting, cardboard, floral stems and leaves, ribbons and pearls.

No comments: