Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Queen of Pink

There's no reason for me to try to find a Bible verse to go with this art. I don't think there is one. I was just sanding a playing card the other day (sanding removes some of the plastic and allows it to accept paint better) and got this idea. I have a whole sheet of one inch (some a little larger) photos and I didn't know what to do with them...so...this is the result.
I'm so greatful that God has allowed me to have this time in my life so I can create. It is truly the desire of my heart. He's given me this outlet so I won't be depressed being so far away from my family. He is so good. He also knows what is best for us. Though my husband and I miss our children and grandchildren so, God knows that it is not good for us to live near them during this time period--for whatever reason. We must accept and find the good in it...and I do and have.

There it is: 1 Chronicles 19:13--"The Lord will do what is good in his sight."

Of course, I used a playing card as the base, cut out the components from a real playing card--the Queen of Clubs , cut out different pieces of "pink", put them together like a puzzle and glued them on the painted background, added a silk flower, stamped a Q and added other ephemera and glitter glued the edge.

No comments: