Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tell Your Children

Deuteronomy 4:9--"You must be very careful not to forget the things you have seen God do for you. Keep reminding yourselves, and tell your children and grandchildren as well."

I need to keep a prayer journal of all God has done for me. I pray and then forget I've prayed when I receive an answer. I just think, "Boy, things are really working out." It's God who makes everything happen and, believe me, He does answer prayer. Why am I surprised that He listens to me? He promised he would. Do I believe His promises? I need to make myself a prayer journal today!

This started as a playing card on which I adhered scrapbook paper, a copy of a vintage image (thank you, playingwithbrushes on Flickr), old book binding materials, old lace, stain, old buttons and waxed linen thread. The thread makes about a 4" hanger. I did this for a lottery for one of my art groups on yahoo. I like it so much, I'll have to make myself one.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I really like the way this turned out too. It's just very appealing.

Why are we surprised that God answers our prayers when he promises to and we KNOW he does, from experience? Something I need to work on too.

Take care. Norma.