Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In Everything You Do Rejoice

One of my friends at church had a birthday Sunday so I made this small journal for her. The brass charm says "Rejoice." There are so many references to the word rejoice in the Bible, but one that caught my eye for her was this one in Deuteronomy 12:18--"You are to rejoice before the Lord your God in everything you put your hand to." She's a grade school teacher and I would imagine that there are times that she would not want to rejoice. However, we're given a command to do so "in everything" we do regardlesss of what we feel. God has given us the day and we're to do as He commands and rejoice.

I used a small lined notebook, adhered scrapbook paper on the inside and outside of each cover, placed a copy of a vintage image, a piece of an old hankie and vintage rick-rack and the brass charm. I added ribbons and flat lace (some of the lace in my last post), and a cross charm.

No comments: