Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wait

When I made this card, I entitled it "Wait" thinking of the verse that says, "Wait on the Lord..." but as I was searching to find the reference, I came upon this obsure verse in Ruth where Naomi, Ruth's mother-in-law speaks: Ruth 3:18--"Wait, my daughter, until you see what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today." Have you ever noticed that women are much more likely to wait on things than men? God made us as we are for a reason. If it weren't for my husband and his impetuous nature, things that need to be done wouldn't get done. He steps out and takes control and is focused on seeing that "the matter is settled today." Now I, on the other hand, have to think it out, weigh the "what ifs," decide who will be affected by the outcome and how, figure out just how to accomplish the matter, etc., etc. Maybe that's just our individual natures, but I believe there definitely is a difference in men and women in this regard. If left to my own devices, nothing would get done in a timely fashion. Now, I'm sure, there are women who would disagree with me, but that's how the scripture spoke to me.

I used a playing card as the base of this art, added a background, a doorway (window sill), and a copy of a vintage photo colored with watercolor pencil, stained, stamped, added a transparency, book binding material, a bit of scrapbook paper and hand stamped the word, "wait" with old type- set letters and covered it all with a protective sealant.

No comments: