Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not Like the Original

If you've been following my blog, you've seen this card before. I sent the one on the left to the person who won the ATC Lottery in an art group I'm in. I liked the card so much that I wanted one for myself so I set about making one. The one on the right is the second card. There was no way I could make it exactly like the first one. No matter how hard I tried, I just didn't have the same materials. I was missing the small lace at the bottom and there was no way I was going to find exactly the same colors of buttons (have you tried to match shell buttons?) Not only that, but I didn't cut the background exactly and came up with much less blue plus I used too much stain and the likeness is darker. As I was applying the protective covering, I used too much pressure and streaked the photo. It's ok...but it's not like the original
Christians are like my attempt at creating a likeness. We try as we may to be like Christ, but we're only a poor likeness compared to the original. All we can do is set our eyes on the original and be determined to get as close as we can. One day we will be like him.
2 Corinthians 3:18--"And we, with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

1 comment:

Mrs. W said...

Hi Sally!

I love this post and I had to write and say thank your for this beautiful ATC... it is a treasure! I love this verse too! Thanks for sending it right away. I hope to see more of your artwork it is just wonderful :o) Blessings dear one, Heather